Yarra Valley Christmas Gifting Ideas & Inspiration
2017 Christmas Gift Ideas (Yarra Valley Sourced & Produced!)
YES, Christmas is literally right around the corner. And because we are lovers of all things Yarra Valley, we have done some snooping around our glorious little region to hand pick the best Christmas Gifts for 2017 that are all locally made, sourced, grown or created within cooee of the vineyards and green rolling vistas!
Christmas Gift Certificates, Yarra Valley Experiences and FOOD, WINE, FOOD!
1. Hot Air Ballooning. YUSSS!! Seriously. This is the Yarra Valley, the most picturesque region in all of Australia (well, of course WE think so). And our great mates at Picture This Ballooning can provide hot air balloon gift vouchers. A pretty special Xmas gift is this one so if you’re willing to splurge (or put together as a group) this would make the receiver a very happy person indeed.
2. Of course, we couldn’t do a Christmas gift idea list without blowing our OWN trumpet. Yarra Valley Lodge weekend getaway is really a beautiful gift for that someone who needs a break and a bit of R&R. Overnight accommodation and a dinner at Bella Restaurant sounds pretty much the perfect Christmas gift. Check out our Specials page for more hotel deals.
3. Wineries Tour. Yarra Valley and wineries are synonymous with each other. There are a plethora of fabulous wine tour packages throughout the region. Whether it’s a half day, or full day tour, there is something to suit. Try this link for some different Yarra Valley wine tour experiences.
4. We love to indulge at Christmas time, and the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie is definitely a one-stop shop for all these sweet! As well as gift vouchers, you can shop on line with them to hand pick your own custom (beautifully wrapped might we add) packaged chocolate goodies.
5. If you are more on the savoury bus than the sweet, the Yarra Valley Dairy has an abundance of simply stunning cheeses. All handmade and crafted from the freshest cows milk from nearby Yarra Valley dairy farms and goats milk from the neighbouring Victorian region of Gippsland. A beautiful home-made cheese board with a selection of a few cheeses is a beautiful gift #youhadmeatcheese.
6. We all love a good winery concert, and our friends at Rochford Wines are home to a great mix of music, theatre and even opera. Pre-purchasing a ticket or voucher is a wonderful Christmas gift experience. From Elton John to Stevie Nicks, or perhaps a Festival is more their speed.
7. Crumbz Craft, just like it’s name suggest, is all things craft. Located in Healesville’s main strip, it’s a haberdashery full of patterns, knitting, sewing, materials and more. A wonderful one-stop-shop where gifting for Christmas (and homemade Christmas gifts) can be found and created.
8. Art, Art, Art. A thoughtful and inspiring Yarra Valley Christmas present idea – Art. We are lucky in the Yarra Valley to be surrounded by so many talented artists. Check out this Open Studio’s site where you can visit the artists in their own studio space, and see their amazing craft done in action. There are workshops and exhibitions held throughout the year. A great gift for that arty person in your life.
9. Yarra Valley High Tea anyone? A High Tea is a such a decadent little treat, rarely does one indulge in a proper High Tea experience, and this is truly a lovely gift for someone who loves a good scone with jam and cream and drinking out of dainty porcelain tea cups!
10. Italian Cooking Class! Located on a picturesque Yarra Valley property, with stunning views, you will learn how to make pasta from scratch. Pasta and wine? The perfect Christmas gift idea for the food lover in your family.